Oh look

Here is a handsome Ralph Lauren for Henredon buffet. Last year the lady selling it on Craigslist was asking 600. Last month she listed it again at 400, and if I had any extra cash I would have bought it. We've got lots of empty space and storage is always good.

If you're interested, it's now available on eBay at the bargain price of $2499.99. The seller is in Garden City, not too far from KC. They also have the Baker sideboard they beat me out on at an estate sale two years ago. They started somewhere around two grand on it and its down to $724.99 now.

Anyway, handsome buffet is on my watch list now in case I have a spot for it in 2013, when I'll shoot them an email offering 425. And just in case the sellers might find this post (stranger things have happened) I'll say this: You buy pretty good stuff, but even with Ralph's nameplate inside, in the end its just used furniture.

6 comments:

Raina Cox said...

"I'll say this: You buy pretty good stuff, but even with Ralph's nameplate inside, in the end its just used furniture." - Exactly!

I always chuckle at the crazy prices for "luxury" furniture on CL.

I hope this handsome guy finds his way into your home. ;)

David said...

Isn't that crazy. I'd love to ask them, are you there to sell or are you there to exhibit?

Mrs. Blandings said...

I think the problem is that they have too much storage space. If I were trying to sell a piece I'd have to kind of push back some of the stuff around it with my right foot while I leaned over a box to take the picture. That expanse of carpet would never be happening in my basement.

David said...

Every listing they have is like that Patricia. I'm picturing a big warehouse out in the country. That nobody ever comes to buy anything from.

home before dark said...

Maybe time for a field trip to Garden City. Although I am still up to my eyeballs in things I need to sell. I am so not a good marketer of this...after a career in PR/marketing. Lame, no?

ChrisToronto said...

Love your conclusion, David. Well said!