Town & Country

We've had a little trip planned for a while now. Its next month, but the excitement just kicked in over the last few days. We start with a couple of days in the gay holy ground that is San Francisco, just Brett and I. We're staying at the Hotel Frank which looks very cool. If you've stayed there let me know what you thought.

And then Chris and Rachel and Cece join us for a few more in Napa.

This photo is from the Calistoga Ranch website. We're not staying here this time because we're saving it for our honeymoon when Prop 8 is finally overturned. Instead, and because its the middle of harvest and hotel rooms are nonexistant, we've rented a house at one of the vineyards. Theres a pool and views of the vines, so it should be a lot of fun and very relaxing. And very boozy. The end of the month can't get here soon enough.

7 comments:

Raina Cox said...

Sounds fantastic! Post lots of pretty pictures, please. And maybe a few rude ones from The Castro.

Living the life in The Little City said...

You are going to have such a good time. Calistoga is the best.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Bill and I did just that (though not in a house, which sounds a million times better) on our fifth anniversary. It was heaven.

Reggie Darling said...

Be sure to have dinner (or lunch) at the Zuni Cafe in SF. I always try and stop n there for a meal whenever I'm visiting that fair city. Marvelous!

shannon said...

vacation? not sure what that word means.

i am so envious...

ChrisToronto said...

FAB-U-LOUS! You remind me of a similar trip I took many years and two partners ago. The twisty, turny drive from the coast up and down into Napa is just one of many fond memories. Have a ball!

home before dark said...

My husband and I shared our first $600 meal in SF recently. Still dreaming about it. Have a wonderful time. And I'll raise a glass to the honeymoon and the end of Prop 8.