In case you wanted something from Barneys

I'm more "Cyber Monday" than "Black Friday," and in case you are too, here's a cautionary tale. That shirt above? Its by Gitman Vintage, made from deadstock japanese indigo-dyed cloth, and as such, a limited release. I like it. I was going to order it from Unionmade in San Francisco, but they didn't have my size. I emailed to ask if they were expecting more, and they replied right back, sorry that they were not.


I found it at Barneys and I've ordered it twice. I've gotten a confirmation email, and then sometime after the expected delivery date I've received an email saying my order was cancelled. The first said there was a problem with my card (I checked, there's not). The second said they couldn't verify my shipping address (which I did enter correctly per the screen shot I printed). Customer Service has done nothing other than tell me "It's been picked, it just hasn't been shipped yet, you'll get an email when its on the way."


I tried it one last time last night. I used my debit card rather than AMEX, and had it shipped to the house rather than my office so the billing and delivery addresses were the same. Cross your fingers for me.

***UPDATE***My card has been charged, apparently 3rd time is the charm.

***UPDATE 2***Spoke too soon. Nothing yet, other than fruitless calls to Customer Service.

1 comments:

David Toms said...

I am crossing fingers for you. The Japanese cottons can sometimes be on par with the incredible silks.