Our holiday houseguest

We've got company for the next 10 days! Prada (owned by a cute 23 year old gay boy, thus the unfortunate name) is a year old schnauzer who's staying with us while her daddy goes home to Michigan for Christmas.

I picked her up today, and within an hour or so she and Alex were chasing each other around the house. Jack doesn't really want to play, but doesn't seem to want her playing with Alex either so he just sits and barks. They're on break now and she's sitting in my lap as I type, and Jack is taking a breather on the couch.

Her dad likes her shaggy rather than in a standard schnauzer cut, and while I like my boys trimmed up, I do think she's awfully cute all fuzzy. She got a bath and her teeth brushed for her stay, and she's just as sweet as can be. The boys know to avoid the laptop cords from our computers so once she figures that out we should be all good.

Cross your fingers for us. I don't really mind the mayhem so much, but I worry that Brett's head may explode!

6 comments:

Toad said...

it's good to be loved so much, to be allowed to be the care taker of man's best friend,

Karena said...

You are a good friend to take in your little houseguest! Give Brett some eggnog with a little rum or even brandy, and relax!

thwany said...

haha aw, what a cute little fella

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Happy Holidays to you.

hello gorgeous said...

Merry Christmas, David!

Russ Manley said...

Prada looks like a sweetheart to me, I sure miss my little boy dog this year. Merry Xmas from Texas to you and your hubby!