7 X 2

I was tagged by both Karena and Soodie as a Kreativ Blogger (thank you ladies!), and as such I am to reveal seven things about me that readers may not know. I'm also to pass on the award, but I'd just pass it right back to people who've already done it, so I'm concentrating the reveal part.

1. I have one tattoo, an asian dragon in blackwork on my outside left ankle. In and of itself that's no big deal, but the asian aspect is important. My grandfather was half Japanese, though you would never know it to look at me. He lived through the second world war with a last name that likely would have gotten him interned had he lived on either coast. He was also a wonderful man whos love I still feel today. My next tattoo will honor him specifically, and is his family crest, taken from a gold ring that belonged to his father.

2. I own a full and complete California Highway Patrolmans uniform, including an authentic (but retired) badge and knee-high Dehner patrol boots. If you have never gone out on Halloween in full uniform you should, I heartily recommend it.

3. While generally very forgiving, I am also capable of holding a grudge forever. Joyce Omer, for example.

4. I am not a gadget guy at all. I don't know how to program home electronics. I haven't set the presets on the stereo in the Rover. Everyone I knew had a cell phone before I did, and when I finally got one it was no-frills. All that said, I ADORE my iPhone. It may be the best invention ever.

5. So I love my iPhone, and I've had Mac computers in the past, but I absolutely hate the Cult of Mac. I've had to stop in the store before, and the phrase "Genius Bar" makes my entire body tense up.

6. You will never see me wearing red or yellow. Actually, I have a pair of red boxers, but if you see me in them we'll have things to talk about other than what colors I prefer to wear.

7. I simply don't get people who don't like dogs. Nor do I trust them, or generally want to be around them. Dating them is impossible, as I once learned. I fell in love with Brett's dog before I fell in love with Brett, and our love of dogs is one of the things that makes our relationship work.

Alright, there ya go!

10 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Fascinating, Dave.

But at first I thought you were giving a measurement . . . .

Raina Cox said...

Question - Will you be posting photos of #2 this weekend?

Oh, and I with you on #3. I hold onto grudges like other people hang onto old luggage.

David said...

It does sound like a measurement Russ. Wouldn't that be sad. Hee.

Raina, I believe a photo or two could be arranged. =)

Decorina said...

Yay for dogs!

soodie :: said...

David, I needed a smile today... (and it is still so early in the day). I love your 7 things.

and hahahahah on the measurement.... (tee-hee)

Russ Manley said...

I second Raina's motion, would definitely like to see the uniform . . . .

Karena said...

David, yes, this made me smile, we are actually alike in several ways, including 3, 4, & 7!

home before dark said...

Interesting about your grandfather being half Japanese. My great grandmother was half Cherokee. I think she was smarter than anyone else in my gene pool. I also have great night vision and a love for symbols. So agree with you about #7. Do tell more about dogs/love.

ChrisToronto said...

Yes, yes, please let's have a look at Officer David.

Decs said...

I am going to add to your "don't trust" list:

Like you, I don't trust people who don't love dogs (especially mine).

I don't trust people who don't like chocolate.

I don't trust people who don't drink.

Just in case you were wondering (and I know you weren't, but still).