More Notre Dame, Ile de Saint Louis

Today, more pictures, less commentary.


There's metal work like this all over the cathedral. Again, the things in these buildings are every bit as fine as the architecture.
Neighborhoods all over Paris look like this, but the Ile de Saint Louis is markedly better maintained. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to wake up here each morning.

Another shot inside Notre Dame.

The Cathedral from across the river.

Living in a neighborhood this beautiful, fresh flowers around the house would absolutely be necessary. There are florists like this all over the city, each of them this gorgeous. Click the picture to embiggen for even more gorgeousness.



Tomorrow, Sainte Chappelle and l'Arc de Triomphe.

5 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

Gorgeous. I love big cities - when I worked in Chicago there was a florist down the street where you could buy a huge bunch of gorgeous silver tea roses for $10.

Karena said...

What a fabulous trip! Great photos and I just love the intricate metalworks! David please look at my latest painting. I am excited about it ,let me know what you think...

Brilliant Asylum said...

Seeing your Paris photos makes my heart melt. Such a beautiful place--I am dying to return.

Decorina said...

Stunning photos, I love them! I want to go to Paris. Looks like you had a fab trip - I'd want to go back already.

designerman said...

i am so jealous! and how long were you gone for? when i saw your comment on my blog i thought 'he's just getting back now!'

as long as you were back in time to vote - that's what matters.

welcome home...