In the garage...and back out

I was SO proud that we got the garage sorted and our cars in. And then I started moving out of the workshop. I'm back in the driveway, but because I'm a good boyfriend, there's still room for Brett to get his car in.

Why did I move out of the workshop? This is my last month at the antique mall. Have I mentioned that? It seems like I did, but I can't remember. Anyway, with the new place I decided to take a break. Any painting I start should be walls and trim here rather than furniture for someone else's place. It's not forever, it's just until I feel like things are under control here.

It also will be an opportunity for me to concentrate on selling online, which I've done, but only half-heartedly. eBay has gotten so big, I'm thinking about giving Etsy a try, concentrating on vintage lighting and tabletop. Etsy would also be a good place for smaller painted things, like the old silver chests and humidors I've picked up at auctions and estate sales thinking they could be made into something good.

The nice thing about this house is that the basement is huge, dry, well-lit and not scary at all. (the crawl space under the bedrooms? totally different story!) I had furniture at the workshop waiting for paint, and for the pieces I wanted to keep there's more than enough storage space. There's also plenty of room for a little workspace and still much of the basement remains empty and clear.

Gary Lezak was on the six pm news totally boned for the impending snow, so I'm heading out to the garage in a bit to see if I can't squeeze, fit, and stack things in an effort to get the rover back inside for the night. It won't be a permanent fix, but it'll keep me from having to get up earlier to scrape the windshield. Everybody stay warm!

7 comments:

Toad said...

Can't wait to see you on Etsy. There something funny about having to drag a Land Rover inside because of a little snow, isn't there.

Raina Cox said...

I'm cracking up at Toad's comment about your vehicle!

David said...

Well yes, the garage is really more for the driver than the vehicle =)

Karena said...

Yes, it is the snow removal, warming the vehicle up etc. much better have the cars inside in the winter!! David you will have a great basement workshop!

home before dark said...

Isn't it amazing how things work out? Sounds like a great plan. For those of us who like to nest, working at home brings out our creative energies. I gave up my car in 2001 so I could use the other half of the garage as my garden shed/workshop. Works for me! Wishing you the best in this NEXT PHASE of your life!

Decorina said...

I love not having to scrape and warm the car after a storm. So I can sympathize with trying to squeeze it back into the garage. Big storm headed your way I think.

Can't wait to see you on Etsy. Much better than trying to schlep stuff (especially furniture) in the winter weather to the mall.

soodie :: said...

hey david, i'd like to ask you a question about mission road antique mall off blog if i can, please. don't know you're email. mine is on the blogger page on my blog. only if you want and get a chance like to email you question.