A lack of willpower

I know I said I wasn't going to post any photos until the room was done, but this is how I am. We're happy with the floors, and even though I think the doors/casing/base moulding are only going to crisp things up I couldn't wait.

Northwest corner looking east:
Just inside the hallway door looking west:
Close-up in front of the (still unfinished) window seat:
This last picture is most representative of the color, a charcoally off-black. Darker than what we originally had in mind, we're totally fine with going deeper. Most of our walls will be on the paler side to keep things light, and I think the darker floors will provide some needed contrast and ground the spaces. We'll use rugs throughout the house and I think the color will also help define spaces, especially in the more open areas of the house. More to come (hopefully) soon.

7 comments:

Martha said...

An interesting color and will look good with pale walls and the rugs will really (to use the over used term) -- pop!!

Can't wait to see the room finished and with furniture inside!

home before dark said...

Yummy!

Raina Cox said...

OOF!

I'm about to pass out from design delirium...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

OMG they look fabulous! seroiusly. You can't go too dark in my opinion -especially with light colored walls. Delicious!

Mrs. Blandings said...

I'm glad you didn't wait - they look terrific. And I am totally stealing the term design delirium.

Karena said...

Perfect David and the trim will really make the floor color pop! Great job!

Karena

Art by Karena

CJ/Rick said...

Looking good. Are you using a sisal or seagrass? Can't wait to see the results.