Mrs. Blandings comes a calling

Sunday I ran out to the workshop to grab a can of black paint for some color testing on the house. I was getting in the car to come back home when Brett called: "Mrs. Blandings came by, and brought muffins!"

While there is one shown in this photo, our welcome was actually a huge plate of delicious pumpkin muffins. Delicious pumpkin muffins that disappeared in embarassingly short order. Tied with a grosgrain ribbon in her signature black and white.

That was so nice of you Patricia, thank you very much. It totally made our weekend.

8 comments:

Raina Cox said...

Good night, that is some glorious penmanship!

Karena said...

Patricia is always a lady in the true sense of the word. A very nice welcome indeed.

David said...

On a pale blue mongrammed note card. Gracious AND stylish.

ChrisToronto said...

Two of my favorite bloggers living mere blocks away from each other . . . who'd have thunk it. If Raina moved to KC, all my faves would be present and accounted for!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Just sorry I missed you. Can't wait to see the paint colors!

Toad said...

David, as always I'm late. I love your house. I might have lived in your neighborhood once upon a time.

I agree with everyone else. Mrs. Blandings is a doll. I framed a thank you card she sent. It was so perfect.

David said...

Don't care a bit if you're late Mr. Toad, I'm just pleased that you're back!

The house is kind of a wreck, but the neighborhood is lovely, Mrs. B only makes it more so.

Raina Cox said...

Well, thanks for that CT! I am a day's drive away.