What a difference some paint makes

I should have taken some before shots to illustrate just how bad the paint on the outside of the house was. What might have illustrated it even better would have been a 'during' shot to show the sheer amount of wood showing after they powerwashed and scraped the siding and trim. But as usual, I forgot to do either.

But I will have in the next few days some post-painting pictures to share, and that's kind of exciting. I'll contrast them with the shot of the house I swiped from the MLS listing, showing it all tired and white. The trim is now Navajo White (a bit creamier) with Messenger Bag siding, a nice dark khaki green.

Jeff Chaney Painting has done a great job and taken care of not a small amount of wood rot (we had a hole in our house!) and glazing. Mrs. Blandings and Soodie both gave good reviews and you can now add ours to that list. Photos to follow.

UNRELATED UPDATE: I started this earlier in the evening but posted a few minutes ago, it's just a bit after 11pm. I'm sitting in the dining room with picture windows on two walls, and A FOX just ran down the street. Where do foxes live in the city?

10 comments:

Toad said...

Isn't it exciting to come home and see something new every day?

David said...

Yes it is Toad. I told Brett tonight that now with the new paint I want to re-landscape and have the patio ripped out and repoured.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Yes, there are foxes in the city.

Can't wait to see photos.

Mrs. Blandings said...

It is a little mean to your (other) readers not to show pictures. It looks wonderful and you can see that she is starting to sit up a little straighter. I haven't seen a fox lately, but don't forget that even my house is sometimes teeming with wildlife.

Raina Cox said...

I'm all a-tingle waiting for you B&A!

P.S. We have a fox that runs through our yard every few days. The neighbor two doors down used to feed it, until the other neighbors got upset. Poor thing keeps coming 'round thinking there will be a meal waiting.

Decorina said...

Can't wait for pictures!

We have many foxes - they run through the yard almost every day. They live on the slope behind the houses across the street with access to the creek. I love to watch them.

susieq said...

I'd love to see photos! Here in Atlanta, our latest wildlife adventures include coyotes and owls.

soodie :: said...

David, my mom lives not too far away and there is one (fox) sneaking around the neighborhood after dark. Neighbors are whispering to one another to keep all small house pets inside -- apparently it's a mean one. I think they come up from brushcreek or that creek in mission hills. not sure..

can't wait for the pics!

home before dark said...

I live in Lawrence and Naismith Creek is in our neighborhood. Several winters ago I was washing dishes and looked out on the snow covered garden and there was, what I thought, a corgi sitting on my stone wall. He jumped down, and it was a fox. The little girl fox came out of the shrubs and took his place sunning on the stone wall. He walked up and down the snow-covered path with the authority of a country lawyer! In the spring my husband, same place in the kitchen, looked out to see two little foxes scampering about. And Soodie is right about the whispers. They do eat cats and small dogs. And lots of bunnies. The park ranger I talked to about this said as there is more development foxes have gone urban. They are very smart and learn our habits. Keep your puppies safe and enjoy the view!

Karena said...

David it is mostly deers and geese in my part of Kansas City! In fact I almost hit a deer the other night, she ran out in front of me.