Turning Japanese

Living here for a while before making any changes has been good as it's given us knowledge about what does and doesn't work for us and the way we live. We've got more of the not fun stuff to do, like heating and cooling and insulation and electrical, but that doesn't stop me from burning hours looking at fixtures online.

I'm not sure I have any place for this (it's huge, 31" tall by 9" wide). Its the Bagoda sconce by Uttermost, and I sort of love it. The finish is described as brown, which I'm not feeling, but the lattice bracket and the swoop of the roof I totally dig. The little bird just seals the deal.

Ok, back to what I was looking for, a pair of sconces around 15", in silver.

6 comments:

Martha said...

It is a nice lantern -- I, too, love the lines!

Raina Cox said...

That's a seriously cute cutie pie of a light fixture.

Decorina said...

What are you waiting for???? I'd already have it bought and shipped. That is one fantastic light fixture. Anything remotely Asian just gets my vote. And with a bird, too!

David said...

I know, loving it, but it's so big I don't know where I'd use it.

Karena said...

I love this lantern....surely you and Brett can find a spot for it!

soodie :: said...

it is huge -- like the size of a small child. but it looks great and -- as kitchy as it may sound -- i just love the MCM look of your house with an asian-inspired twist.