Vindicated

I'll reference again this post, where I placed the blame for the passing of California's Proposition 8 squarely on the Mormon church. And as they issued their call for "civility and mutual respect" I stated clearly that I was feeling neither. Well I was right, and now there's proof.

What came to light today in a California courtroom but a document concerning Proposition 8 from the LDS church that states:

"With respect to Prop. 8 campaign, key talking points will come from campaign, but cautious,
strategic, not to take the lead so as to provide plausible deniability or respectable distance so
as not to show that church is directly involved."

Mormons, if you're working on anything where you might need the cover of plausible deniability, you might think twice about saying that very thing in a memo. Asshats.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Asshats? Love it.

home before dark said...

But don't you know, god is on their side telling them he never believed in separation of church and state. Can I tell you how much I detest the thought of Sam Brownback as our governor.

David said...

HBD, I know! Sam Brownback is a fundamentalist loon, and I have this horrible feeling he's going to get elected.

Decorina said...

Yes, the sheeple that belong to that cult will do whatever they are commanded. And they have a long history of committing their most precious thoughts to paper after all.

Asshats - too nice a word.

Russ Manley said...

There's a post over on Andrew Sullivan's blog where it appears that the "plausible deniability" line was not in an actual document, merely a summary by a witness.

Damn. I figured we had the goods on them this time.

David said...

Hey Russ. That's disturbing, but before it's over I'm sure we'll have some goods either way.

Unknown said...

Asshats??? Good one
As Linda's granddaughter would say
I DID IT ( made a comments on your blog)

David said...

YAY CONNIE!